Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Rush


Okay so I honestly can say that I really can't believe that summer, well "winter" here, is almost over. This is our SUPER busy season and it really has gone by so fast. We've had 2-3 teams here per week since May building houses, loving on children, blessing families in need, doing backyard bible clubs in neighborhoods, doing projects at Celebration Costa Rica and also painting classrooms at one of the local schools. These are just a few things that have been going on over the last 3 1/2 months. God has been so awesome to us here and has provided us with the most amazing groups.  Each group spent weeks even months in preparation to come serve the people here in Alajuelita, to be the hands and feet of Christ. Here are just a few glimpses of what God has done in and through the teams here:

 Celebration Church Costa Rica has doubled in attendance!! AMEN!!
Backyard Bible Clubs...teaching God's word in barios!

                               Building homes for families in need!



        FUSE Costa Rica!!

                                      Feeding many children, sometimes their only meal for the day.

Baptisms!! 













        Providing medical attention to the sick!

Through serving and leading teams this summer God has totally opened my eyes to many things. These are things I never thought in my mind that I would be so blessed to be a part of. Seeing families come to Christ, watching our FUSE youth group grow and build a leadership/serve team, being truly humbled by having a local mom wash my foot after I stepped in mud/poo, being part of building houses for families that were living on dirt floors and in horrible conditions, speaking at chapel and FUSE, and many more. There is a very specific reason that God has me here and He shows me something new each and every day, a different reason He has me here serving, loving on His children.

God has been SO good to me, even though the super tough times, and I know that He will continue showing me new adventures, building my faith and trust in Him for everything!!!

On a side note I want to say thank you to EVERYONE who has been so supportive of the call that God has placed on my life. For all your love and support, prayerfully and financially! Many of you know that as missionaries here with 6:8 Ministries we have to raise 100% of our finances to live here. Through family, friends, teams, churches ect. It is a FAITH walk, and something that is definitely not easy but with God it is possible! Personally I have about 60% of my monthly support coming in, and this is most definitely all because of God. It has been super hard at times, but I know that since God has called me here, He is going to continue to provide. If this is something you feel like God has put on your heart to be a part of you can go to the financial support part of my blog and find out all the information on how to participate. If it was not for God and all my family and friends I know I would not be able to survive here. I LOVE you all and again thank you for all your support and prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment